
I am sure that most of you already know that President Hinckley passed away last night. He has been the leader for the last 12 years, and will be truly missed. I know that he is in a better place, and I am so happy that he has been reunited with his dear wife. He lived a rich and fulfilling life of service, and I know that he his happy!
That being said, I will truly miss listening to him speak. Whenever I would listen to him, (or even read his messages) I could feel his love for us and for the Lord. He was so gentle and encouraging, and had a fantastic sense of humor. I think that my favorite thing about President Hinckley was his encouragement to "Be a little better." He knew that we were not going to be able to overcome our faults and weaknesses overnight, but that it is a LONG process! His simple words "Be a little better" touched me, and made me want to better myself!
I am so thankful to have been able to be taught by this Prophet of God. I have no doubts that he was truly the Lord's prophet in these latter days. I am so thankful for his selfless service.

7 comments:
That's a sweet picture you have of the two of them. Although he'll be missed, it nice to know that he's finally with his wife. Thanks for the post.
I love your post and I love that picture!
This is Tricia. Wonderful post. We love our dear Prophet.
Me too.
Thanks for this post Kemra, I feel the same way. What a wonderful example he was to all, I will miss hearing him speak too.
That was neat! Thanks for sharing it with us! The part that struck me was the las part..."selfless service". His entire life was devoted to service! I am sure that he is working just as hard on the other side.
By the way, we both really love the new quotes by Emma!
Post a Comment