Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Valentines Day????


So - this season of AMERICAN IDOL was amazing! THere were only a few people in the top 12 who I didn't like! This is one of the FEW shows that Dean and I BOTH like to watch!

Dean almost had a heart attack during the finale tonight - here's a recap of what happened.

Seacrest commented on Randy Jackson's red suit, by asking him if he was celebrating:



I'm sure that to 99.9% of those watching thought that this comment was nothing more than a corny joke - and had forgotten it within 2 seconds (I would have been among that group if the following had not immediately followed!)

My dear husband, who is completely oblivious to all holidays (another post for another time!), started sweating bullets - and with just a small amount of panic says, "Is today Valentine's Day?"

I stifled my laughter and just said, "Are you kidding me? Do you know what month it is? Do you know what MONTH V-day is?"

As these words were coming out of my mouth I realized that this would have been the perfect opportunity to make him THINK that he had forgotten it, hit him with a truck load of guilt, shed exactly two tears (because anymore than that would be overreacting and he MAY start to get annoyed too :-) , and get some new fabulous shoes to make up for it! Good thing for him that it was late (thanks to DVR) and my mind was a bit groggy!

So, to all you calendar illiterate people out there (I know he can't be the only one!) I hope you have a HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

7 comments:

Crissybug said...

Kemra that was one of the most hilarious things I have read! If only I could have been there to see the look of sheer terror in Dean's eyes when he thought he had forgotten!

Mary Ann said...

you are a genius! :) i love it!! did he really believe you?? you're so awesome!! so were you excited about david cook?? i wanted archuleta! they are both so good though!

Dizzy Kate said...

I wanted Archuleta to win. Cook is good, but I like Archuleta better. That was a hilarious story about Dean. It's kinda pathetic, but I actually forget dates more than Brian forgets. If I remember soon enough though then I try to do something special. You guys are so cute and as Maryann said, you are a genius!

Stoddard Studios said...

that's so funny! I can't believe he actually thought it was. ha ha.

Scott, Emilie, and Sterling said...

HAHAHAHA! I seriously laughed SO hard when I read this! Boys!!

Andrea Hale said...

Oh my! Dean! I don't know what to say. :)

Ashley said...

Kemra!! Hey girl! I'm so glad I found your blog! You have the cutest fam!