Sunday, April 6, 2008

We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet!



My heart is filled with so much gratitude tonight! What a wonderful conference we had - words cannot describe the feelings that I have experienced the last couple of days. I never had any doubts that President Hinckley was a prophet of God, and the man chosen to lead the church. When I learned that he returned home to our Father, I prayed earnestly that I would have the same confirmation and conviction for the next prophet. Today, as I participated in the Solemn Assembly, the Spirit bore witness to me so powerfully that Thomas S. Monson is the true and living prophet, and that he is the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost, and the truth that he bears record of. I was amazed as I listened to President Monson speak - I have always loved his talks, and enjoyed his teachings - but this time there was something different about him - almost visible! It was almost like you could SEE that the Mantle had passed on to him - he truly is a Prophet of God!

I am so thankful to belong to a church with living prophets and apostles, and for the Gift of the Holy Ghost, who will bear record of truth and light. What a blessing and comfort the gospel is to me.

4 comments:

Shawn and Tasha said...

I couldn't agree more! It was definitely a very memorable conference. I don't remember who said it, but isn't it so true that "two people can do anything when one of them is God.":-) President Monson truly holds the mantle.

Elisha said...

You said it so well! I got the chills this weekend during conference as Pres. Monson talked about President Hinckley and trying to fill his shoes. He was such an amazing prophet and we all loved him so much! But we know Pres. Monson is now the chosen prophet, and what an amazing man he is! I love his stories too!

Laurie said...

There was definitely something different about him, that made me love him even more, if that's possible!!! It was definitely memorable!!

Mary Ann said...

conference was the best.. president monson will be a perfect prophet.. he already is.. and i think president ballard is my new favorite aposle! :) i loved his talk on mothers!!