Friday, October 12, 2007

A Change of Heart


I have been one of those people who had the opinion that the Phoenix area does not have all 4 seasons, and I have always felt a little annoyed at that. However, in the last couple of weeks I have reformed my thinking. While we do not have the "traditional" fall season other places do (with the multicolored leaves, crisp days perfect for sweatshirts) we have our own autumn season with distinct characteristics! In my mind, this fall begins as soon as the weather stays consistently below 100 - when this occurs - strange things begin to happen! For example:

1. I do not have INSTANT hot water anymore - now it takes 30 seconds to get warm!

2. One shower a day is enough!

3. My legs don't stay smooth - because as soon as I shave them, I get goose bumps!

4. My daughter goes outside in the evening (when it is around 80 degrees) and says, "OOOH! It is freezing out here!"

5. I can go on walks with my family and ENJOY being outside!

6. Emma can go to the park - and actually go down the slides, sit on the swings, and take her shoes off in the sand!

7. We can open our windows!

8. I am not blasted with a wave of hot air everytime I open the door.

9. I get cold when I go swimming (I know I'm a pansy!)

10. Candy Corn are in season!

I love this time of year! Cool mornings and cool evenings are fabulous! I can't wait for cool weather all the time, but I also have truly been enjoying what we have! I love fall!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ahhh, AZ fall....I forgot about the not being able to be barefoot in sand. Or barefoot anywhere other than grass for that matter...I remember when I thought anything lower than 90 was cool weather. Those days have officially ended!

heather said...

Isn't it great?
I love AZ!!

Stoddard Studios said...

You make a good case. You have me convienced! We do have fall. I love all the things you mentioned. We really do live in a great place. I woudn't move for a million dollars....ok, maybe a million. But, nothing less.

Dizzy Kate said...

I LOVE Arizona. Thank you for bringing out all of those wonderful things about this time of year. Oh! Also, about the pictures on CD. I did Brian's by myself. You can either use a scanner at your house or there are some at Walgreen, Walmart, Target and I'm sure some other places. Their scanners are pretty much self explanitory and they put the pictures on the CD for you. To make it easier, you can go to a place called Dig My Pics. in Mesa on Lindsay and University. You can just drop off your scrapbook or pictures and they will do it all for you. I love that place! I knew that Brian would like his gift, but I didn't realize how much he would like it. He has looked at his pictures I don't know how many times now.

Scott, Emilie, and Sterling said...

I love all the things you said (except for my legs not staying smooth ... that is seriously not right haha!) and it made me laugh so hard to hear Emma's 'Oo, it's freezing out here!' in 80 degree weather! She's an AZ girl to the core! Give those babies a kiss from me until I can give them one myself ... :)