Hope you had a great Halloween. Our was so fun! I love that you are a huge ASU fan! That's awesome. I'm sure Dean is glad! YOu and your family are so CUTE!
That is so cute that Emma remembers "roll the dough"- I have to tell you every time I say to spread the cheese she does this hand gesture where she rubs her hands together-I'll have to show you- It must be something you do...its sooo cute!
"Oh no, Mommy! The baby in your tummy has throw-up all over it! It's yucky!"
Me, "No, hon, the baby doesn't have throw-up on it."
Her, "Mom, the throw up is in your tummy, right? The baby is in your tummy too, right? So the throw up will get on the baby."
Me, "The baby has a little bag around it to keep the throw up off of it."
Her (in a very matter of fact voice) "Mom, bodies do not have bags in them."
Me, "My body made a little bag for the baby."
Her (cracking up laughing), "Mom, bodies do not make bags!"
Dec. 2008
"Mom, does your throw-up taste as bad as my throw-up
does?" Dec. 2008
While we were at Costco and I had said "No, I won't buy that for you" for the thousandth time, she says, "Why? You don't have enough money?" I said, "Nope, I don't have enough!" She says, "Oh..... maybe you should go to work!!!" Nov. 2008
I find Emma standing in the bathroom sink (COMPLETELY naked - with her buns facing the mirror), bending over & spreading her cheeks apart, with her head between her legs to look into the mirror. Me: "What the heck are you doing?" Her: "I'm checking to see if I got all the poop out!" Oct. 2008
"Mom, you renember Pops, before he got died, he would catch-ed (emphasis on the "ed") the fish, and cook-ed them, and they change-ed to chicken?" October 2008
While pretending with her toys, "Do you have to go potty?... Oh, Ok.... Do you have to go PAH?" then whispers to her doll "PAH is Spanish for Potty!" Oct. 2008
"Mom, I really love you...I just don't really miss you!" Sept. 2008
Her: "Mom...can I PLEASE go to dance class today?"
Me: "Sorry Em, we can't go to dance class today - it hasn't started yet!"
Her: "OHHH!! I get it! I get to go to my dance RECITAL today!"
Aug. 2008
Me: "Emma, do you want to go to Bahama Bucks?
Her: "What you say Mom? Barack Obama Bucks? What?"
August 2008
She was mad because I put her in timeout and said, "I don't like mommies! I only like daddies and grandmas!"
Aug. 2008
"ExelenTAYS, ExelenTAYS!"
Me - What's that Emma?"
Her - "It's Spanish!"
Me - "what's Spanish?"
Her - "It's crazy words!"
July 2008
On our way home from church...
Me: "Emma what did you learn about in Primary?"
Her: "I colored a pink purse!"
Me: "Oh, that's cool - what did you learn about?"
Her: "I learned about the Gospel!"
Me: Trying to prompt her along - "Did you learn about Tithing?"
Her: All excited, "YEAH!"
Me: "What is tithing?"
Her: all matter of fact, "Tithing means that Jesus loves me!"
July 2008
She is still obsessed with touching necks, and always trying to find ways to touch them (none of us, including Cohen like it!). Her last attempt was while her, Cohen and I were snuggling on the couch. "Mom! It's smuggle time! I love smuggle time.....I know! Now it is Neck Time!!!"
July 2008
~ When we were at a small get together she says,
"Mommy, me have a cookie?"
Me, "No Em, you just had a piece of cake!"
Her: "Papa (my dad), you get me a cookie?"
Him: "You have to ask your mom first."
Her: "No! I don't want to ask my mom - her said NO!"
July 2008
~ "Please Mommy, I'm thirsty, Me have a piece of cheese?" June 2008
~While riding on the carousel at the zoo (she was riding the panda bear), "Mommy! Look - I'm a cowboy...no, I'm a cowgirl.....no...I'm a panda bear girl!!!" May 2008
~ On the way home from her dance recital (way past bed-time!) she was crying because we forgot to bring her flowers. I finally said, "Everybody didn't get flowers. I don't have any either!" Her response, "But Mom, you didn't dance on the stage like me!!!" May 2008
~ I asked her to put away my cell phone and she said, "But Mom, I need to text!" - May 2008
~While we were driving, "OWWWW!!! OWWWW!!! OWWWW!!!"
Me: "What's the matter Em?"
Her: "My nose is hurts really, really bad!"
Me: "Why?"
Her: "That's because I put my candy up there!"
Me: "Why did you put your candy up your nose?"
Her: "That's because my dad rolled the window down, and I didn't want it to blow away. I had to make it safe!" May 2008
~ She was "practicing" her rhymes, and says, "What rhymes with Daddy? I know, Cat Pee!!! Daddy, Cat Pee!
~"Mom... pink, sparkles, rainbows & diamonds are my favorite!" May 2008
~When I switched out my nursing bra for a "real" bra, "Mom! Your boobs are bigger! That is crazy they are growing!" May 2008
~ Emma was VERY excited about something and was bouncing off the walls. I told her to "chill" a couple of times, and she turns and says, "My mom, her likes to call me Jill!" April 2008
~ After drinking 1/2 of a water bottle, "Mom, drinking water makes me SOOOO healthy!" Me, "You're right! Who taught that to you?" Emma, "Um, Jesus did. Him wants me to be so healthy!" May 2008
~ I made Emma a peanut butter sandwich on a hamburger bun. She was so excited and said, "Mom! I have a peanut butter & honey cheeseburger!" May 2008
~We were watching American Idol, and Jason Castro (the guy with the long dreadlocks) was performing. Emma asks, "Mom, Him is a boy or Him is a girl?" I said, "What do you think?" She responds with, "Ummm, Him has hair like a girl, but Him sings like a boy." March 2008
~"Mom, you pretend to be my baby, and I will be the mommy. Now start to cry like a baby." I pretended to cry, and she says, "It's OK baby, come here and nurse a boob." (as she is lifting up her shirt & pulling my head to her chest) She didn't get why I couldn't stop laughing! March 2008
~ We just met a girl named Ariel. Emma loves her, one morning she woke up and said, "Mom, I want to play with Ariel - the one who wears clothes, who has legs, who lives in a house." Wouldn't want me to confuse her with the little mermaid! March 2008
~"Mom, what the heck are you doing?" March 2008
~While singing, "Now I know my ABCD's next time won't you sing with me!" February 2008
~After I got done curling her hair in big curls, "Mom, my hair looks crazy!" No Em, it looks pretty! "No! I don't like it! I don't look like me, I look like a different girl! Cinderella won't know me!" February 2008
~"I'm a little teapot short and scout, here is my handle here is my scouts." February 2008
~ Emma asked me for something and I told her No. She responded, "Mom, don't tell me no. Say, 'Yes, Emma, I obey!' "
I wonder where she has heard that before! - February 2008
~Emma was trying to get her dad's attention by calling, "Dean....Dean!" Dean's response, "Call me Daddy, not Dean, OK!" Emma, "But my Mom calls you Dean, so I will call you Dean too!" January 2008
~ We switched to 8:00 Church, and we had to wake Emma up early. I found her laying her head on the kitchen table (next to her uneaten bowl of Cheerios). I told her to wake up and eat and she said, "Mommy, I'm tired. The sun's not up. It is NOT time to wake up!" Amen sister! - January 2008
~ I saw Cohen sitting off in a corner of the room and asked Emma why he was over there. Her reply, "Him was being naughty. I put him in time-out!" December 2007
~ Emma is learning about the days of the week, and one morning she says, "Next time, I go to bed on Saturday, & I wake up on Monday, I want some of that (pointing to chocolate milk), on Wednesday! Ok Mom?" January 2008
~Mom, I'm tired. It has been a really long day! December 2007
~ Emma is OBSESSED with necks - she has loved to touch peoples necks since she was a baby - and I am CONSTANTLY taking hands off of Cohen's neck. We were at the Dr. and there was a picture of a baby arching his neck back and Emma says (very excitedly), "Mom! That baby has his neck open for someone to come touch it!" December 2007
~So, Dean and I were having a debate (not even an argument!) and Emma butts in: "Dad, you need to be nice to my mom. Tell my mom 'sorry.' "
Dean: "Ok, Mom, I'm sorry."
Emma: "Mom, now you say 'it's ok daddy.' "
Me: "That's Ok Daddy."
Emma: "That's nice. I like to teach people things!" December 2007
~Cohen was crying on the floor and Emma went to him and said, "I know Baby Brother, I know you want to go to Disneyland - but we can't go today. We can go tomorrow!" November 2007
~When Cohen started crawling, "Come on Cohen! I am so proud of you baby brother" November 2007
~While at Disneyland & sitting on Ariel's lap, she tapped on her sea shells and said, "What's that? What's it do?" It flustered Ariel a little! November 2007
~"Mom, I wuv you!"
~After I told her to to go upstairs and start getting ready for bed, "Fine, you Dang Dog!" August 2007
~ While playing with Cohen, "Him is my best baby in the world!"
~ "Mom, when I get big and grow big boobs like you, then I can nurse Cohen?"
~"Mom, that girl over there - her has BIG BOOBS!" July 2007
~ "No Dad, I can't do it. It is REALLY scary for a little kid like me!" May 2007
~" NOOOO! I don't WAAANNNA wash my hair! The water turns my hair brown! I want blond hair like Cinderella!!!" August 2007
~ "Mom, why are there no phones in Heaven? I miss my Pops. I want to call him!" May 2007
~ " I need to go to Disneyland right now! Cinderella is missing me. Her crying to see me!" September 2007
~ Emma came up to me crying one night and said, " I so sad. I want to marry my dad, but him said no -him is already married to you!" September 2007
~ " Mom, I like your BIG bum. You like my little tiny bum?" April 2007
~ The first time she watched me change Cohen's diaper she said, "OH NO Mommy! Look, him have a big owie (while she pointed to his parts) Take it off!" March 25, 2007
~ " Why mom, why...why...why...why....why...why?"
~ " You let me try to nurse Cohen, and I can!" March 2007
3 comments:
I can't wait. :)
Hope you had a great Halloween. Our was so fun! I love that you are a huge ASU fan! That's awesome. I'm sure Dean is glad! YOu and your family are so CUTE!
That is so cute that Emma remembers "roll the dough"- I have to tell you every time I say to spread the cheese she does this hand gesture where she rubs her hands together-I'll have to show you- It must be something you do...its sooo cute!
Tricia
Post a Comment